Friday, September 25, 2009

Mark Beats Up The Coronas!





When Hot Press asked me to shoot The Coronas for the current cover, they mentioned that their new album was called "Tony Was An Ex-Con". This got me thinking!
I love Police Mug Shots. They are amazing photographs, capturing people usually, though not always, at the worst time of their lives. You can see their worlds collapsing in their eyes, the fear, the shame. Sometimes they are defiant and even funny. Do a search and see what I mean.

Anyway back to The Coronas. I thought what if I shot them as Police Mug Shots and they had resisted arrest! So I made up some signs with their names and got Sinead Hannon to do the make-up. She did a fantastic job, those cuts and bruises looked so real!
The band were great and really got into the spirit of it, there's a couple of good actors in there!

Check out the before and after cover shot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots Mark! I just got a sneak peak at your latest cover for HP. Fantastic!
HP covers have never looked so good. They have had some shockers in the past. I am glad they have finally got a good photographer on board.