Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My New Headshot



It's a bit like a plumber who never fixes that leaking tap at home. I haven't updated my own headshot for a couple of years now and was in danger of being one of those photographers who look about 20 years older in real life!

I always think you can tell a lot about a photographer from their own headshots. The choice of background, type of pose, use of Photoshop, soft focus (oh dear), camera as prop (oh very dear), etc, speaks volumes about their style and tastes.

I hate having my photo taken. It throws up so many issues with me about self image, I have an idea in my head about how I look and then I see the reality and it's so depressing. 
I wanted to do something a bit different and hopefully interesting, so I set up the camera on a tripod in the studio and used the 10 second timer and took the shot myself. 

So what does my new headshot say about me? Mmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It say's you have sore eyes. I could be more philosophical, but all I really want to say is, "Great photo!". <3